We’re looking for volunteers to be mentors in Indiana County to start immediately.
The Independent living program supports youth in Indiana County between 14 and 23 years old. Our goal is to increase confidence, self-esteem, and life skills through 1:1 and group mentoring.
This is a collaborative program between JusticeWorks YouthCare and Indiana County Children & Youth Services. The goal of this program is to provide a new connection for each youth that will help expand their horizons in different fields of studies, hobbies, and more.
It’s statistically proven that mentoring youth provides a positive impact over their entire life. Here are some recent statistics:
- Youth are 46% less likely to start using illegal drugs.
- 27% of youth are less likely to start using alcohol. (BBBS)
- Mentored youth are 55% more likely to enroll in a college program. (Mentor)
- Youth you meet regularly with their mentor are 52% less likely to skip a day of school. (Mentor)
Here are some ways you can get involved today:
- Volunteer to become a mentor
- Group mentoring with your organization or business
- Sponsor a club
- Host a skills class
If you’re ready to make a difference in the life of local youth, call Kaitlyn Myers now at 724-954-6174