About Justice Works
JusticeWorks YouthCare has as its mission the goal of building better futures for youth, their families and the community.
JusticeWorks provides innovative programs that identify and build on youths’ and families’ strengths. We create structure to positively redirect their lives. We help youth become good citizens and assist their families to resolve their problems and to be supportive of their children.
Our efforts help remedy damage to the community and restore community safety.
- KidsFirst! In everything we do the needs and concerns of youth and families are our fundamental concern. All of our work is directed to help the youth and families in our care.
- Our core principle is to do “whatever it takes” to help youth and families in our care achieve success. We have the following values that guide our service delivery:
- Driven to succeed
- Creative and flexible
- Goal directed
- We know that in human service programs it’s not what is done but how, and the how is directly related to the who. We understand that in order to achieve success it takes professionals with multiple skills and, especially, an ability to connect with youth and families. We recruit and support talented staff; give them the tools and responsibility to get the job done; hold them accountable and acknowledge their hard work and progress.
- It is critically important that staff understand and relate to the realities of the youth and families we work with and for staff to be role models. Our staff reflects the same ethnic and racial diversity of the youth and their families.
- We understand our work in the context of family and community. We know that we are a short-term support system to teach and redirect those we serve. We view one of our primary jobs as teaching youth and families to identify and access community resources.
- We do not try to be ‘all things to all people’. We recognize our strengths and limitations and extensively utilize community resources. We are not afraid to ask questions or to ask for additional support.
- We work in partnership with the public agencies who contract with us and respect their role and authority. We want to make their jobs easier and our work to reflect positively on them. We abide by the spirit and the letter of the regulations that govern our efforts. We understand that documenting our efforts is as important as anything else we do (“if it’s not documented, it didn’t happen”).
- We aspire to always utilize best practices and work tirelessly to incorporate new and proven techniques. We work with our stakeholders to identify and develop appropriate services for populations of concern.
- We make the effort to evaluate the outcomes of our work. We use feedback from our families and stakeholders, as well as the results of outcome evaluations, to continuously work to improve our services and achieve better results.
The Post-Gazette partnered with Philadelphia-based Energage to determine the Pittsburgh area’s Top Workplaces.
We're honored to be included.
Meet Our Leaders
We ‘walk the walk’ when it comes to doing whatever it takes to help youth and families succeed.
JusticeWorks provides services to the following states.
Let's Discuss how we can help
Interested in learning more about how Justice Works can help? Contact us today to inquire about the services available in your area or to see how we could potentially offer our services in your community. We're here to help make a difference.