The WhyTry Program is a resilience education curriculum that provides simple, hands-on solutions for dropout prevention, violence prevention, truancy reduction, and increased academic success.
WhyTry has received recognition for its effectiveness in improving social and emotional behavior of students, improving school performance, and the reduction of aggression, truancy, and school dropout. The program targets risk factors and issues related to academic engagement.
WhyTry combines theoretical and empirical principles into the curriculum that are taught to youth by classroom teachers or other professionals. The program is solution-focused with skill building using a variety of approaches to engage the youth.
The WhyTry approach:
- Uses ten pre-designed visual analogies
- Explores social and emotional values of the youth
- Addresses patterns of maladaptive behaviors
- Combines visual, auditory, and body kinesthetic learning styles
- Builds skills to reduce dropout and truancy
Let's Discuss how we can help
Interested in learning more about how Justice Works can help? Contact us today to inquire about the evaluation services available to your agency. We're here to help you show how your programs make a difference.