Girls Circle® is a structured support group for girls from 9-18 that integrates relational theory, resiliency practices, and skills training in a specific format designed to increase positive connection, and personal and collective strengths.
Girls Circle® is designed to address girls’ unique risks, strengths and needs by utilizing gender-responsive principles and practices to build healthy connections, address challenges, reduce risks, and build social–emotional skills. It is listed on SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs. Girls Circle® is one of the first gender-responsive program in the country to demonstrate effectiveness in reducing delinquency for girls.
Highlights of the Girls Circle® include:
- A gender responsive approach
- Learning is done through a supportive group environment
- Uses a trauma-informed treatment model
- Designed on the foundations of motivational interviewing and strength-based principles
- Stimulates critical thinking and moral reasoning through guided discussions and exercises
The program’s primary goals are to:
- Encourage genuine self-expression and voice
- Develop healthy relationships and identities
- Counter harmful gender stereotypes that distort female identity and self-worth
- Develop healthy emotional coping and decision-making skills
- Generate awareness and accountability
- Empower girls to pursue their full potential
Let's Discuss how we can help
Interested in learning more about how Justice Works can help? Contact us today to inquire about the evaluation services available to your agency. We're here to help you show how your programs make a difference.