“WhyTry” is an internationally recognized, evidence-based intervention model targeting risk factors and issues related to academic engagement. “WhyTry” combines theoretical and empirical principles, solution-focused interventions, understanding social and emotional intelligence, and multisensory learning.
- Emphasis on reduction of maladaptive patterns of behavior
- Consistently demonstrates a reduction in truancy
- Supports academic success, and bullying and dropout prevention
- Uses ten pre-designed visual analogies
- Concepts are individualized to the needs of the person
- Explores social and emotional values of the youth
- Combines visual, auditory, and body kinesthetic learning styles